ZRT - Essential Thyroid Profile
This simple at home blood spot test measures:
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
- Free Triiodothyroinine (FT3)
- Thyroid Peroxidase Antibody (TPOab)
- Free Thyroxine (FT4)
Millions of adults suffer from thyroid imbalance.
The thyroid is a small butterfly-shaped gland that sits at the base of the neck. Many factors from hormone imbalances to mineral deficiencies and toxins can interfere with thyroid production, leading to health issues.
Dysfunction is Under-Diagnosed
Many symptoms of thyroid dysfunction are commonly ignored, and blamed on just getting older.
Symptoms of thyroid dysfunction are wide ranging and include:
- Weight gain or difficulty losing weight despite exercise and diet
- Feeling cold all the time (when others don’t)
- Low energy and stamina, especially in the evening
- Memory lapses or slow/fuzzy thinking
- Dry, thinning, itchy skin
- Dry or brittle hair and nails
- Hair loss
- Irregular bowel habits
- Menstrual irregularities
- Sudden or significant weight loss
- Rapid or irregular heartbeat
- Nervousness or irritability
Thyroid imbalance can be measured with the following key hormones:
Produced by the pituitary gland, TSH acts on the thyroid gland to stimulate production of the thyroid hormone thyroxine (T4).
Free T4 – Thyroxine
The predominant hormone produced by the thyroid gland, T4 is converted to its active form, T3, within cells.
Free T3 – Triiodothyronine
T3 is the active thyroid hormone that regulates the metabolic activity of cells.
TPOab – Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies
Thyroid peroxidase is an enzyme involved in thyroid hormone production. The body produces antibodies, including TPOab, that attack the thyroid gland in autoimmune thyroiditis and Hashimoto’s. Testing TPOab levels can diagnose these conditions.
Check Your Thyroid Status in 3 Easy Steps
A simple finger prick blood sample is all that’s needed. Mail in the sample - it’s that easy.
Once you get your results back, it can be optimized with dietary and lifestyle changes.
Retest every 4 months to ensure your levels are optimal.
**Not available for New York State Residents **